The Folio Society – “To commemorate his centenary: a selection of Rupert Brooke’s poetry with new lithographs by Ed Kluz.
These memorable lines were written by Rupert Brooke, the first of the great poets to die in World War I. To commemorate the tragic death of this talented and charismatic young writer The Folio Society is to publish a selection of his most famous poems in a special limited edition. The book has been designed to reflect the values of the fine press movement of the early 20th century; the text is printed letterpress, illustrated with original lithographs and bound in leather with handmade paste-paper sides.” To read more, see their Press Release and PDF. To purchase this limited edition from their website click here. Product information
- Edition limited to 1,750 copies.
- Introduced by Jon Stallworthy.
- Illustrated by Ed Kluz.
- 118 pages. 9¾” x 7″.
- 9 original lithographs and 6 letterpress vignettes by Ed Kluz, printed by Curwen Studios.
- Typeset in Monotype Walbaum by Stan Lane at Gloucester Typesetting Services and printed letterpress at The Stonehouse Fine Press.
- Printed on Zerkall mould-made smooth paper with Freelife Merida endpapers.
- Bound in Vicenza by LEGO, with paste-paper sides by Victoria Hall.
- Slipcase covered in Freelife Merida, blocked on one side, with a lithograph label.
- £195 (including VAT).
- Members’ launch price: £175.00.
Available to order from 10th March Delivery will commence April 2015.
Copyright: All pictures are copyrighted by The Folio Society and are shown on Books and Typewriters for illustrative purposes only.