I just ordered the 2 volume set of Joseph-Francois Michaud’s History of the Crusades, illustrated by Gustave Doré, a Deluxe Limited Edition by Easton Press, limited to 600 copies. This is from the EP website:
Easton Press –
This magnificent editon of History of the Crusades, illustrated by Gustave Doré is an extraordinary re-creation of the rare and beautiful masterpiece first published in the United States in 1880. This Deluxe Limited Editon re-creation features:
- Two massive 10 1/2″ x 14 1/4″ volumes, each fully bound in premium leather.
- All 100 of Gustave Doré’s thrilling full-page illustrations.
- Beautiful three-color stamping.
- Production will be limited to just 600 hand-numbered copies with a matching certificate of authenticity.
- 10 1/2″ x 14 1/4″, each volume 576pp
- Price: $500
I just can’t wait for it to arrive. Here are some pictures (courtesy of hamletscamaro) compared to EP Moby Dick volume: