- Edition of 1,000, hand-numbered on a special limitation page in both volumes.
- 2 magnificent volumes measuring 20″ x 13 ¾”
- Bound in full canvas cloth printed silkscreen in black and gold.
- Designs by Neil Gower derived from Roberts’s originals.
- Gilded top edges, ribbon marker.
- The Holy Land: Syria, Idumea and Arabia: 304 pages, including 123 plates, portrait of Roberts and map.
- Egypt and Nubia: 272 pages, including 124 plates and map.
- Printed by Editoriale Bortolazzi, Verona, on heavyweight Gardapat Kiara paper.
- Presented in hand-made slipcases bound in cloth and lined in coloured paper, with inserts in the bases to support the weight of the books.
- Price: £875
All 247 Lithographs In The First Ever Large-scale Reproduction
David Roberts was the first British painter to make an artistic expedition to Egypt and the Holy Land. The result of his travels was a picturesque vision of the Near East that has been hugely influential ever since. Nearly 200 years later, his work is held in institutions such as the Library of Congress in Washington and London’s Victoria and Albert Museum. This new Folio Society limited edition reproduces all 247 of his lithographs for the first time on this scale. Only 1,000 numbered copies of this edition will be produced for sale.
Read more at the Folio Society website here.